There are names that are obvious, and names that are not so obvious.
This post will focus on the not so obvious names, meaning rookies that you can steal with one of your last picks come draft day. As usual with fantasy, we’re looking for potential opportunity meeting ability. Tilting the odds in your favor, that’s the name of the game.
1. Ameer Abdullah – It’s all about opportunity, and Abdullah should get a ton of it. Theo Riddick is more of a receiving third-down back and Joique Bell is situation as well. There’s potential for a home run with this pick.
2. Jeff Heuerman – Peyton Manning. He’ll turn anyone lined up at TE into a fantasy star. Julius Thomas was allowed to walk and there isn’t much to get excited about left in Denver, as far as TE goes. He should see a decent amount of work from Day 1.
3. Justin Hardy – They’ll throw a ton and the receivers ahead of him aren’t exactly durable. All it takes is one injury and he’ll be thrown in there and see 8-10 targets a game.
4. Devin Funchess – I think they’re going to throw the ball a bit more next year and he’ll basically be used as a second TE, which will really help around the goal line. He’ll get a ton of one-on-one match ups.
5. Cameron Artis-Payne – He’s obviously going to be comfortable in this system and that should be enough to get him on the field early. There isn’t a bunch of talent in the Carolina backfield and he’s the kind of runner they want to use. Don’t be surprised if he’s a 15-20 touch guy by midseason.