If you haven’t done so yet, sign up to play on DraftKings. Seriously.
If you’re going to spend on high-end arms or use an expensive stack, you better have some attractive options as punt plays.
On a day-to-day basis, these five guys are a pretty good bet to get you a decent ROI. These are their current prices, give or take a few hundred dollars, until DraftKings changes up their values drastically.
1. Ryan Goins – He’s a starting SS that comes at the lowest price possible of $2,000. If you’re including him in a Jays stack, even better.
2. Brayan Pena – When he gets the start, he’s a decent option at C for $3,000. If you’re just looking to pick up a few points from a punt play, he does a solid job of getting on base, all things considered.
3. Elian Herrara – You can plug him in at SS or in the OF and he only comes with a price tag around $2,500. He’ll hit anywhere from the 1 spot (no-brainer) to the 6 hole but he has some pop and gives you home run upside.
4. Alex Guerrero – You can plug him in in the middle of the infield or in the outfield for $3,100. He hits for average, gets on base at a decent clip and has some pop. Solid option to include in a Dodgers stack.
5. Chris Colabello – Another Jay. He’s a power-hitting OF that will occasionally hit as high as 4th(!) in the lineup for less than $3,000. That’s an easy call.